To send a tip
To send coins to other twitter users with the tip bot, include in your tweet:
- "tip" or "send" keyword. Not case sensitive. Multiple keywords will prevent processing of your tweet
- Number amount of your tip. Minimum 1 Electron coins, Maximum 1,000 Electron coins. Amount will be rounded to 2 decimal places
- Twitter @usernames of the recipients of your tip, up to 8 recipients, separated by space
- For example: "@tipElectron tip 30 @ElectronCoin"
- For example: "@tipElectron send 30 @ElectronCoin"
- For example: "@tipElectron tip 30 @ElectronCoin @BlakeCoin @Cinnamon_carter"
- For example: "@tipElectron tip 20.05 thanks to the blake family core devs @ElectronCoin @BlakeCoin @Cinnamon_carter @johnvillarz"
- Do not include more than 1 keyword
- For the amount, do not include more than one number in your tweet. Otherwise the tipbot will not be able to distinguish which number is the amount
- Spelled out numbers will not be used as amount
- After the required texts, additional text can be included. Special characters and none database-safe words will not be stored on our server
- Once your tweet has been processed, the tipbot will mark it as a favorite
- Depending on your settings, a tweet or direct message will be sent to notify that your tip has been processed.
- Tips have no fees
- You cannot tip yourself or the @tipElectron tipbot
- Tip recipients are users listed as mentioned users from the twitter API
- Depending on the users and their settings, a tweet may or may not be sent to notify the recipients that they have received a tip
- Users are currently limited to 20 tip requests (tweets) an hour